Due to regulations outside of our control, there are a number of items that are not allowed* to be placed inside your bin. Many non-hazardous items can be disposed of at local Eco Stations. See the City of Edmonton's website for more information. Additional information on waste disposal for restricted items can be found on the Alberta Recycling website.
- Hazardous waste and other potentially evironmentally damaing items such as paint, animal carcasses, batteries, tires, etc.
- Chemical, biological, pathological or biomedical waste including their containers
- Manure and sewage
- Food waste & hot waste
- Large amounts of rock, sod, dirt, and concrete (contact us)
- Certain household appliances such as fridges, and freezers
- Televisions, photocopiers, and other computer equipment
- Railroad ties
If you have any questions about what is allowed in your bin please contact us.
* All extra fees & penalties we incur related to restricted items will be charged to the bin renter.
- Construction debis including scrap wood, fencing, decking, flooring, and more
- Household furniture such as unwanted couches, tables, chairs and desks
- Household junk including boxes, books, old carpet, hand tools, power tools, and automotive parts clean of oil & grease
- Small amounts of rock, sod, dirt, and concrete (contact us)
- Small garden debris including weeds, tree clipings, grass clippings, and potting supplies